Welcome to our annual report for the 2017 - 2018 year
29 March 2019
“It’s a pleasure to present this report which shows an organisation that is moving with the times to deliver effective nursing regulation now and in the future.”
Our Annual Report 2018 highlights just some of the many ways that we uphold public safety:
- Growing numbers of nurse practitioners (300) and registered nurse prescribers in diabetes and primary health and specialty teams (131)
- Fifty-six registered nurses participating in a trial of registered nurse prescribing in community health with Counties Manuka District Health Board and Family Planning NZ
- Review of the registration process for internationally qualified nurses commenced
- Publication of The New Zealand Nursing Workforce: A profile of Registered Nurses and Enrolled Nurses 2016- 2017 and Trends in the New Zealand Nursing Workforce 2012 – 2016
- Organisational restructure to deliver on the Council’s new strategic plan.
Find more about this work – and interesting facts about the Nursing Council in our Annual Report 2018.