Social Media Use
08 December 2014
The International Nurse Regulator Collaborative (INRC), which the Nursing Council of New Zealand is a member of, is pleased to announce the release of its position statement,Social Media Use: Common Expectations of nurses. This statement, which should be read alongside the Nursing Council’s Guidelines Social Media , identifies potential risks that nurses should be aware of to protect the public. Helpful tips to guide nurses in the appropriate use of social media are also included.
- Nursing & Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA)
- Nursing Council of New Zealand (NCNZ)
- Nursing & Midwifery Board of Ireland (NMBI)
- Nursing & Midwifery Council – United Kingdom (NMC-UK)
- National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN)
- Singapore Nursing Board (SNB)
- College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO)
- College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia (CRNBC)
In 2011, the members of INRC entered into a memorandum of understanding and cooperation to confirm closer links between the organisations in order to develop common standards for the regulation of nurses nursing practice. The work of INRC contributes to the development of common practices designed to enhance public protection and public safety.